The seedbed seeks to bring students from different faculties closer to contemporary discussions related to the State, its characteristics and the debates about its history and future. It aims to promote critical thinking, based on an argumentation that has the most relevant sources on topics such as: the theory of democracy, the theory of law, political philosophy, among others. Additionally, it seeks to strengthen the investigative character through the writing of articles of reflection for academic publications.
Methodology of work*: The seedbed meets on a weekly basis, functioning as a space for dialogue between students and professors on previously agreed readings that address issues of the Theory of the State, Law and Political Philosophy. At the same time, it promotes the participation of its members by motivating and guiding them to lead the sessions, present their research contributions (papers) and initiate discussions from an interdisciplinary perspective. The aim is to produce, every six months, a written production with an academic vocation for publication in a national or international indexed journal. Likewise, participation is encouraged and promoted in spaces that would make scientific production visible, such as conferences, colloquiums and/or congresses. In accordance with the educational project of the faculty, it is expected that the investigative character of the seedbed will be a favorable space for the advising and realization of degree works of interested students.
Prerequisites for admission: To be a student (from the third semester of undergraduate studies), graduate or professor of Universidad del Rosario; to be a student (from the third semester of undergraduate studies), graduate or professor of national or international universities.
1) To deepen the knowledge concerning the Theory of the State, its actuality, problems and contemporary challenges; in a complementary space of dialogue and guided study.
2) To contribute to the scientific research of the University, encouraging and supporting the written production, especially of the students.
3) To address political issues from various theoretical perspectives in the spirit of generating an informed, inclusive and democratic debate.
The Theory of the State Research Incubator seeks to bring students from various faculties closer to contemporary discussions related to the State, its characteristics and debates about its history and future. It aims to promote critical thinking, based on an argument that has the most relevant sources on issues such as: the theory of democracy, the theory of law, political philosophy, among others. Additionally, it seeks to strengthen the research character through the writing of reflection articles for academic publications.
LINES OF RESEARCH:
- General aspects of the Theory of the State
- Political liberalism and its crisis Analysis of political doctrines
- Current debates in political theory and philosophy
- Initial meeting and review of essential aspects of the literature to be worked on
- Semester planning, responsibilities and schedule - Reading discussion and literature review
- Rigorous, systematized and in-depth analysis and commentary of literature
- Presentation to calls for papers -Participation in academic events