We are a team made up of students, young researchers and research professors interested in deepening the study of cybersecurity from two perspectives: an applied one that allows us to understand the current cyber risk scenarios in order to define timely protection mechanisms, and a fundamental one that allows us to propose innovative and disruptive improvements to cybersecurity challenges.
- To develop competencies for research in offensive and defensive security techniques offensive and defensive security techniques
- Identify vulnerabilities and breaches in information systems.
- Demonstrate vulnerability exploitation mechanisms
- Identify remediation or assurance mechanisms
- Build solutions for infrastructure assurance
Lines of research:
- Software Security
- Network Security
- Operating System Security
- Critical Infrastructure Assurance
- Artificial Intelligence for Cybersecurity
- Security for Smart and Sustainable Cities
- Threat Intelligence
Proposed activities for 2021-I:
- Understand the fundamentals of how blockchain works (Beyond Bitcoin!).
- Understand the concept of smartcontract and distributed applications.
- Identify the different types of blockchains and their usefulness
- Identify the most common attacks targeting a blockchain
- Explore smartcontract deployment platforms and create our first blockchain
Requirements to participate in the intersemester activities:
- For the development of the activities mentioned in numeral 4 it is established as a
- The student must have taken or be currently taking the subject Databases.